NATURE OF WORK
This as an administrative management position responsible for overseeing the operational functions of SPSA’s Transfer Stations and Scalehouses through the planning, directing, coordinating and supervising of day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include development of short and long range operational plans and the direct supervision of Transfer Station Supervisors and Scale Attendants. Manages the services to municipal and private customers in accordance with governing solid waste management laws and regulations. Coordinates with other departments to ensure a smooth and efficient operation in receiving and removal of solid waste. Also coordinates general work plans and transfer stations holiday schedules with the community’s solid waste departments and transportation. Work is performed under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director.
CRITICAL ELEMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES TO PERFORM JOB
An associate degree in business management or equivalent experience with an additional eight years of experience in managing the operation and the application of heavy construction equipment.
Qualified candidates must possess or have the ability to obtain a Class I Waste Management
Facility Operator License issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia within six months of employment. Previous solid waste management experience is preferred.
Possess a valid driver’s license with a demonstrable safe driving record. As this position may require operating a motor vehicle owned by, leased by or loaned to SPSA; all policies, rules and directives concerning personal driving records, motor vehicle violations and the reporting thereof will be strictly enforced.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
1. Effectively manages the operational functions of SPSA’s Transfer Stations and Scalehouses through the planning, directing, coordinating and supervising of day-to-day operations. Development of short and long range operational plans and the direct supervision of Transfer Station Supervisors and Scale Attendants. Manages the services to municipal and private customers in accordance with governing solid waste management laws and regulations. Coordinates with other departments to ensure a smooth and efficient operation in receiving and removal of solid waste. Also coordinates general work plans and transfer stations holiday schedules with the community’s solid waste departments and transportation. Ensures adequate resources for the operation of all Transfer Stations and Scalehouses including personnel and equipment.
2. Demonstrates effective supervisory skills, selects, trains, develops, motivates, and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel to achieve established objectives. Ensures compliance with SPSA policies and procedures. Ensures all EEO principles, laws, and policies are followed. Prepares clearly written annual performance evaluations in a timely manner. Fosters a positive team atmosphere by exhibiting fairness, personal commitment, and dedication to the department. Inspires employees to consistently produce outstanding work and provide exceptional customer service.
3. Maintains current knowledge of management practices and topics by regularly attending management training seminars offered by internal and/or external sources. Provides a positive example for assigned staff by executing job duties in a professional manner. Develops assigned staff to their fullest potential. Monitors the work output of assigned staff and provides both praise and constructive criticism as appropriate. Completes assigned performance appraisals and other tasks in a timely manner.
4. Maintains clear and concise communication and courteous, professional relationships with co-workers, SPSA employees at all levels of the hierarchy, government officials, vendors, and external customers. Exhibits skill in interpersonal relations and the exercise of good judgment and discretion in order to deal effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels.
5. Follows SPSA policies and procedures. Maintains any required training and licenses. Demonstrates SPSA’s mission statement and shared values in daily actions, service, appearance, and attitude. Represents the department in a manner which demonstrates pride, competence, integrity and professionalism.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST READ AND SIGN THIS FORM AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS LIST
JOB TITLE: Transfer Station Manager
MENTAL, PHYSICAL & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
% OF TIME
Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate
Mental ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret data then present to employees in a clear manner. Interpersonal relations skills and ability to organize, coordinate, evaluate and direct
Coordinates and oversee transfer
station and scalehouse equipment.
Follow hazardous waste and safety
Ability to read, write and comprehend, assemble and gather data then analyze and make adjustments. Ability to walk, stoop, bend, reach and lift 25 pounds.
Coordinates transportation and
equipment maintenance needs with
Ability to read, write and comprehend. Must have good communication skills both orally and in writing. Interpersonal relations skills and ability to prioritize, plan, and coordinate.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL & EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
% OF TIME
Perform duties of subordinate
Physical stamina to climb ladders, operate and perform maintenance checks on equipment and components. Mental ability to read, write and comprehend. Hand/eye coordination.
Mathematical and analytical ability. Manual Dexterity to use keyboard, telephone, cell phone, calculator, and a personal computer
Special projects as assigned.
Verbal and communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to organize, coordinate and direct subordinates to meet deadlines.
We encourage applicants to use our online employment application process, however we take all candidate submissions seriously. For those who prefer to apply by submitting a paper ADA form, employment applications, resume and/or cover letters, we request that you physically come to our Chesapeake, VA administration office at 723 Woodlake Drive to obtain our required documents in person.