The Chesapeake Transfer Station receives solid waste from the city's municipal haulers, Chesapeake residents and private waste haulers. Solid waste is screened for unauthorized waste by staff members. The waste is loaded onto MBI transfer vehicles and delivered to the Refuse Derived Fuel Plant to be converted into fuel.
Transfer Station Operations
- Located on three acre site
- Designed to receive 500 tons of waste daily
- Wheel loader
- Power sweeper
- Power vacuum
- Mobile crane
- Household hazardous waste collection
- Used motor oil drop-off
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon