The Landstown Transfer Station receives solid waste from Virginia Beach's municipal haulers, city residents and private waste haulers. Solid waste is screened for unauthorized waste by staff members. The waste is loaded onto SPSA transfer vehicles and delivered to the Refuse Derived Fuel Plant to be converted into fuel.
Transfer Station Operations
- Located on 13 acre site
- Station housed in a fully enclosed building
- Designed to receive 1,500 tons of waste daily
- Truck Scales
- Wheel Loaders
- Power Sweeper
- Power Vacuum
- Mobile Cranes
- Used motor oil drop-off
- We no longer accept HHW at this location
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - noon