The Oceana Transfer Station receives solid waste from Virginia Beach's municipal haulers and private waste haulers. Solid waste is screened for unauthorized waste by staff members. The waste is loaded onto SPSA transfer vehicles and delivered to the Refuse Derived Fuel Plant to be converted into fuel.
Transfer Station Operations
- Located on 4.8 acre site
- Designed to receive 500 tons of waste daily
- 4,860 square foot tipping floor
- Wheel Loader
- Power Sweeper
- Power Vacuum
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Will be closed Saturdays starting October 6, 2018 - March 30, 2019
* Not available to the general public.