The Suffolk Transfer Station receives solid waste from the city's municipal haulers, residents from SPSA member communities and private waste haulers. Solid waste is screened for unauthorized waste by staff members. The waste is loaded onto SPSA transfer vehicles and delivered to the top of the Regional Landfill.
Transfer Station Operations
- Located on a 4 acre parcel of land at SPSA's Regional Landfill
- Station housed in a full enclosed building
- Designed to receive 1300 tons of waste daily
- 12,500 square foot tipping/maneuvering floor
- Mobile Crane
- Wheel Loader
- Skid Steer
- Yard Dog
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- HHW Disposal Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - noon